Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Damned, Another Fall

Why not simply acknowledge the truth when you hear it, and move towards it?  May 4 - Meditations from "Conversations with God" Book 1 - page 119

Hoooooooowwwwwwdddddeeeeeee!  Hope y'all are fine and sober.  I am.

Well maybe not so fine.  Today I had a water spill in my utility room.  I got it cleaned up.  Then a few minutes later I was going to take the trash out and walked through the utility room.  I had on a pair of slick soled canvas shoes. (They are so comfortable).  Evidently I had not gotten all of the water and slipped on the wet spot. And SPLAT!  Down I went.  My  right leg folded up under me as I was going down and the left leg went straight out.  My Right foot was also under my BA.  I just pushed myself up and straightened out the leg immediately.  This was in all of 3 seconds.  It Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrt.  I was flat on my back, just sort of stunned, and there was Mamie, licking my face and giveing me
her assistant.  I laid there for a few minutes after yelling "Help me, Help me" several times.I really thought I had broken some bones.  Dammned, I hurt.  After I realized I had not split my head open as it slammed into the porceline tile
I started to move.  OOOOOOOOOOOUCH!  Talk about a feel bad hurting, it was kicking in overtime.  I lifted both feet and rotated them.  Not too bad. Off came the shoes, I moved over to the end of the dryer and turned myself around and used the dryer and the door jam to pull myself up.  Now the ceiling of my utility is white, NO STARS, but I tell you I saw them, Stars, and all those symbals that come with them when a cartoon character hurts themselves.  Standing up on my left leg, I gently put my right foot down.  Ouch, damned, hurts like hadees, and then I let a little more weight go down on it.  Holding onto the door jam I then let all of my weight go to both feet.  Not too baaaaaaaaad.  It did hurt, but not like I expected.  So I took a baby step.  Then another as I'm leaning on my counter.  I then made it into the living room and plopped down in my recliner.  Not to bad.  But I hurt all over ma bod, my heart was racing and beating like it would come out of my chest.  As I lay streteched out in the recliner I started to calm down.  I took a swig of my diet caffeine free coke and rested a while more. 

After a couple of hours, I decided to go to H.E.B. for some canned goods.  Not bad but a bit painful but made it without falling or anything.  I fixed some chili and macaroni for dinner.  I was in a lot of pain, still am, but not too bad.  I do hurt all over, don';t think anything is broken.  I'm sure I will hurt like hell tomorrow.  I upped my intake of Aleve, 4 soon after falling and I'll take 4 more when I go to bed.  

Other than that, I had a wonderful day.  Sober.

Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God, my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie, my loving schnauzer.
  • My Sponsor.
  • Self cushioning to bounce to straighten out my leg.
  • Not to have lost consciousness. nor split my head open.
  • Friends
  • All y'all.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

4 comments:

Akannie said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

If you'd been wearing a tutu, you could have called it a dance.

I can feel your pain, my friend. Please take good care of yourself. Do you know about taking a bath with Epsom salts in the bathwater for soreness ??

xoxoxoxox Hope you don't hurt tooo bad tomorrow...

Syd said...

Whew, I'm glad that you are okay. Falling on a hard surface isn't fun. Take it easy.

One Prayer Girl said...

A fall, a jar to the entire body like that can cause every bone and muscle to hurt. I am sending a prayer your way. Thank God nothing was broken including your head. I would hate for you to lose any of your wit or humor out of it. :)

PG

dAAve said...

I'm glad you're OK. Mamie needs to take some first-aid lessons.