Thursday, April 29, 2010

Enjoy the Experiances

Are you not being allowed to experience everything?  The tears, the joy, the pain, the gladness, the exaltation, the massive depression, the win, the lose, the draw?  What more is there?  April 29 - Meditations from "Conversations with God" Book 1 - page 158

Hey there my alkie friends.  Thanks for stopping by.  Now that is one long list of experiences and I think I went through almost all of them today.  I had the massive depression set in about 6 this evening and from the way I felt, I though oh shit, this feels like a long one.  It wasn't and I have not had one of those experiences in about 6 months.  Even with the loss of Rosalie, I have not experienced that kind of depression.  Today was 4 weeks and it seems as if it were years ago and yet so now.  That's probably why my emotions have been all over the place lately.  Ya think? This is probably another reason I see the spirituality of "CWG" this month.  Each day's meditation has just been made to order so to speak.  When I started posting tonight I was going to end it at almost all of them today. And then the fingers just kept going.  God is leading me again, helping me to maintain my sanity and best of all, my SOBRIETY.

Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God, my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie my schnauzer (the wonder dog)
  • My Sponsor
  • Being sighted
  • Having all of my major senses
  • My friends
  • All y'all
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

Sanity & Sobriety.

Both of them are "S" words.

Syd said...

Glad that the depression passed. I am grateful that the down times don't last long, and I have the tools to get up and get going.

steveroni said...

Hey, you DO read these things, dontcha? Thanks for dropping by the "55". What a nice comment--wish I could be--ahhh-succinct like that.

Depression is so bad (from what everyone tells...)

Don't know REAL depression myself, but I DO know when I'm feeling down, just helping another makes the bad vanish.

Would that depression could leave with so simple a treatment...

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/05/jingles-may-followers-award.html

some awards.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

May is cool,
Happy Sunday!
Best wishes!