Feeling is the language of the soul. November 3 - Meditations from "Conversations with God - Book 1" page 3
Yesterday I started back on my Aquatic Therapy. My balance was a bit off, but it was a hell of a lot better at the end of the session. After that I picked up my friend Joe and off to Costco we went. On arrival, I had to get him an electric cart as he can't walk right now. The first one I got took me about 5 feet and died. The second one lasted for the two hour shopping trip. I got home about 8 PM and was pooped. Man I sure slept well last night. In the old days, Joe was one of my many drinking buddies, and shopping was something we did on the fly so as not to take time away from the cocktail hours. Joe still embibes, but has been one of my biggest supporters in my trudge through sobriety. We used to say "hell, drunk driving is a sport in Texas." And it was, also in California, Lousiana, and just about everywhere else in this good ole U S of A. I don't do that anymore. There's a lot of things I don't do anymore:
- I don't drink
- How the hell did I wind up in bed from the star of the "Star Wars Bar."
- Where the hell am I?
- Wonder where the hell is my car?
- Wonder what the hell is this sticking to my face, my arms, my chest, my.........
- Don't worry about a DUI.
- ad infinitum.
And yes, It is a beautiful sober autumn day here in the Houston, Texas area. And it is November and is gratitude month. In Los Angeles, we took up a second collection at the meetings in November and that Money went to the Los Angeles Central Office. We don't do that here in Houston, but it is still recognized as Gratitude month. We do a Gratitude Dinner on Thanksgiving for about 250+ people at the Lambda center. Unfortunately, I have never attended this event as I always go to Rosalie's for Thanksgiving. I plan to do the same this year, and I am ever so grateful that I have Rosalie to share this holiday.
Tonight I am grateful for:
- God, my Higher Power
- My Sobriety
- Mamie, my steak bone chomping schnauzer.
- My Sponsor
- Seeing two of Lambda's own on a visit from Alaska this past Saturday night.
- That there were only two birthday celebrants this past Saturday that thought they were appearing on "This is My Life." 30 Celebrants with 289 years of Sobriety.
- This fellowship
- All y'all.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.