Monday, December 7, 2009

Too much going on.

I have given you a free will--the power to do as you choose--and I will never take that away from you ever.  December 6 - Meditations from "Conversations with God - Booke 1" page 5

Lordy be.  So much is going on in my life right now that I am so blessed to have free will.  However, it does not run riot.  I can just bullet these things in a Gratitude list.

Tonight I am grateful for:

  • God, my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie, my schnauzer
  • My Sponsor
  • Rosalie - had a most beautiful 8 days with her at Thanksgiving.  It was probably the best times we have ever had.
  • Thanks to her back surgery last summer, they caught her lung cancer at early Stage 1.
  • She is having radiation treatments 5 days weekly thru January 4, 2010.
  • I will be going over the Tuesday of Christmas week to take her for two treatments on that day.  Then I will go back Monday of New Years week to take her for two treatments for that Tuesday.  I will probably stay thru New Years Day and return home on Jan 2., 2010.
  • Positive results from my aquatic therapy.  I have completed 6 weeks of 3 days per week and I am amazed at the strength that I now have in my legs.  I can walk so much better now and mostly without the pain I was experiencing before.  I have difficulty in standing in place to fix a meal, but that is positive progress.  I can also squat to get stuff off floor or out of bottom of cabinets.and get back up with the strength in my legs. A REALLY BIG DEAL.
  • I am blessed to have such a wonderful neurologist.
  • Friends
  • All y'all
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.
  •  

4 comments:

Pammie said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling some positive results darlin'-that's great!

One Prayer Girl said...

God bless you and Rosalie.

God - thank you for the renewed strength in Zane's legs.

Prayers,
PG

dAAve said...

Aquatic thereapy is best done in the water.

Syd said...

Good news about Rosalie. I'm also glad to hear that your aquatherapy is helping. I've missed your posts Zane.