Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Better today.

April 15 - True Masters are those who have chosen to make a life, rather than a living. Meditations from "Conversations with God - Book 1" page 60
.
Slept like a log last night. I'm sure that the anticipation of the injections, the 3 hours sleep the night before all contributed to the fact that I slept from 12:30 AM until 1:30 PM today without interruption. My eye felt 100% percent better than when I went to bed. My sight in the left eye is blurry, but I do not see the distortions that I did before. Time will tell. Also gone is the problem with focus. It is supposed to be better each day. And as a good alcoholic I also know it will be in God's time, not mine.
.
I got some things done today that I have needed to do for weeks. I got two tubs of wash done. I sorted out my "to be washed stack" (its huge), and sorted from that the things to go to the cleaners.(30 pieces) OH MY, what I did accomplish.
.
Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God, my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie my OCD schnauzer.
  • My Sponsor
  • My Right Eye
  • Being sighted
  • All the well wishes from my BLOGGIES.
  • All y'all.

Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

9 comments:

dAAve said...

I'm thrilled that you're regaining your focus.

Pammie said...

take it easy zane. I'm glad it all went well and that you were able to rest. enjoy your thursday.

Syd said...

Glad that your eye felt better. And you sound industrious with all that wash. But 30 pieces to the dry cleaners? I don't think that I own anything that needs dry cleaning....well, maybe a couple of jackets.

Scott W said...

You might consider a bank loan for thirty pieces of dry cleaning.

Bill said...

I'm glad you are healing nicely!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Sounds like a productive day! I'm just glad I wasn't a Postal Worker yesterday!!!

Trailboss said...

Hi Zane. Wanna go fishing?

steveroni said...

Zane, I picture you carrying two tubs of laundry down to the creek, and washing each piece with a stone rub.

(I know you'll 'make something' out of those last two words. Go ahead, Zane! -grin)

Zanejabbers said...

Steve, we do have indoor plumbing and I do have an electric automatic washer and dryer. Stone rub - well you are right. I'm headding for the creek without the two tubs. At least you did not imagine me barefoot, pregnant, and doing my wash in the creek. ROFLMAO.