There is no need to recriminate yourself. Simply notice what you've been choosing and choose again. Meditations from "Conversations with God - Book 1" page 119.
Hi there my friends and fellow alkies. Life has been in session and I have lived with it and through it. No drama, just one foot in front of the other. This past Saturday, April 4, 2009 was the 28th anniversary of my meeting Vic. The past few years the day has come and gone and I've thought about it afterwards. I don't know why it was different this year, it just was. As the day wore on, I got a little more down. Went to my AA meeting at Lambda that night after dining with Daave, John, and Rick. The speaker was quite good, but then she is a friend of mine, but she still shared what it was like, what happened and what it is like now. After the meeting I hung around a bit and then left. As I was leaving Daave flagged me down, and just said Don't be such a stranger, and that triggered a rush of tears, quickly damned up, and it just made me feel so good. Just that one moment of someone caring was just the ticket. Now the evening had been a good one, saw a lot of friends as usual. But I guess I just needed that one thing at that one moment in time and Voila, the ride home was without the burden that I did not know I was really carrying on my shoulders. I guess I lied above when I said there was no drama. Just a tidge. It was a God Shot, and I love me some God Shots.
Tonight I am Grateful for:
- God my Higher Power
- My Sobriety
- Mamie, my OCD schnauzer
- My Sponsor who is still on the mend. He is certainly an inspiration to me. He's been hospitalized for the past 7 weeks, but his projected attitude is just amazingly positive all the way.
- My Right Eye
- Being sighted
- Vision in left eye has improved significantly in the last three weeks. But I have had focusing problems.
- Tuesday, April 14, I receive the injections to my left eye.
- Medicare will not cover it, But my United Healthcare through IBM is covering it.
- Still sober, no matter what.
- Now y'all be pretty now, ya heah.