Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Every heart has it's secret sorrows which the world knows not; often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
.
The soul conceives, the mind creates, the body experiences. The circle is complete. The soul then knows itself in its own experience. Meditation from Conversations with God, Book 1, page 196
.
Hi y'all. What a rude awakening about 12:30 PM today. Mamie landed on my chest following a loud crack of thunder. Poor baby, she was so scared, just trembling like crazy. I put her by my side with her head cradled on my shoulder. She calmed down. It was like "Damned Daddy, that frigging lightning almost made me pee the bed." Or something like that. I was not through sleeping as I looked at the clock last about 5:30 AM. So I lay back and almost went back to sleep when my CPAP machine went off, my opened and I noticed the ceiling fan was slowing down. Oh, hell, a power failure. It was just pouring outside and the street was really running with water, not flooding but a rushing of the water in the gutters. So up I got and put Mamie out - she wet on the patio and came right back to the door and I let her in just as another crash of lightning. She just ran in, yelped and jumped up in my arms. Bless her heart, she just cannot tolerate the lightning and thunder. I really love this little girl.
.
At 4 the lights were still out and I saw a Centerpoint truck go by so I followed him to the end of the street where there were 3 other ones. I asked if any idea when and of course they had no idea but would not be leaving until the lights were on. So back Home I went, changed clothes, and went to the cinema. I saw "Swing Vote". Not a great movie but for the times it was very interesting. The concept of one state, then one vote to decide who would be the next president of the United States would be elected. It was thought provoking. Talk about flip flopping candidates. Oh, well it was just a movie, I'm sure that would not happen in the real would. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.
.
Today I am Grateful for:
.
God, My Higher Power
My Sobriety
Mamie, my schnauzer
My Sponsor whom I had better call.
My friends.
Continuous sobriety and a daily reprieve.
Blog visitors.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

2 comments:

Trailboss said...

Poor Mamie. There are many many dogs afraid of storms. My 2 could care less. Do you know what horses do when rain is coming down? Of course you don't. They put their butts facing the direction the rains are coming from. If they get water in their ears it will kill them.

steveroni said...

Every heart has it's secret sorrows which the world knows not; often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

OR: "Nowhere in the world are so many hiding places as in the human heart." Anonymous?

Hey, Jabber, thanks for your kindness towards my blog efforts. I still feel new at this, and am afraid I get too windy...but we each have our own char. defects, I guess. See you around the 'sphere.