Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Night, August 31, 2008

Goodbye dear ole August. You were one miserably hot month. But that's ok, you were another Sober Month for me and a lot of other Alkies out there in the blogdom.
.
Totally enjoying my sister and nephew being here this weekend. Today I fixed a potato salad, corn on the cob and we grill two hens. My friend Joe came out and we all stuffed ourselves. UMMM MMMM Good.
.
Saw a cut little item in the Chronicle today about someone being a serial rehab person. That made me think of slippers thinking I'm not an alcoholic, I'm only a serial drunk. Well let me tell you, this Alcoholic took 32 years to admit to another person that he was an Alcoholic. And I am glad that this is a program of Honesty and that is how I practice it on a daily basis. Maybe the fact that I live by the Mantra: You Don't Drink No Matter What is what has kept me active in my recovery since day 1. I thank God I am not a "serial rehabber."
.
Y'all be pretty NOW, ya heah.

4 comments:

steveroni said...

Does 'serial drunk' mean you got drunk on cereal? Maybe a cereal called 'malted hops'? -grin-

Thank God you ARE a serial Blogger!
Steve E.

Scott W said...

Hello September.

Pammie said...

i'm a serial stepper

dAAve said...

WE have a serial rehabber in our midst. I am not sure what colors he may be wearing today.