Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goodbye Pity Party

January 3 - I have always been here to help you, I am here now. You don't have to find the answers on your own. You never had to.
Meditations from "Conversations With God - Book 1" page 66
.
Hey there, my ALKIE friends. How the hell are you. Just a short post for tonight. I had dinner with Rick and Daave as usual for a Saturday night. My Left eye has deteriorated this week as I had another hemorrhage and I can barely see out it but that my left peripheral vision was ok.. Rick was sitting to my left and I could not make out his face. Daave was sitting across from me and I could see him very well. I commented on this and we exchanged comments. Then the self-induced pity party started. Oh poor me - YOU KNOW THE DRILL. This carried over to Lambda for the speaker meeting.
.
I was not showing my emotions but they were really in full force. We then took our seats. Seated in the row of seats was a woman and a man. I knew the woman, but not the man. He had straps across his back. The meeting was not in session yet, and the young man got up an went out of the room. It was at this time I saw him fully and realized the straps were holding on both of his artificial arms. Immediately felt so blessed, I am only having trouble with one eye, this young man had no arms. I wanted to cry for him, I realized I was so damned lucky. This was a real God Shot. My mood changed, and I was so humbled by this revelation. Brought to mind the old saying "I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet."
.
Tonight I am grateful for:
.
God, my Higher Power
My Sobriety
Mamie, my OCD schnauzer
My sponsor.
That I have all of my limbs
That I have all of my digits
God reminding me I will not receive more than I can carry
All y'all
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

7 comments:

Pammie said...

Oh darlin' I'm sorry you are having trouble with you eye. I know that must be so scary.

dAAve said...

Everything is relative.

Scott W said...

I can add digits.

I have seen that guy around. He does incredibly well and even drives a car!

We have so much for which to be grateful!

steveroni said...

Yes, we have only two, and like to have them both in perfect working order.

Trust in God. Pray for your doctors. And I will pray for your doctors....and you, Zane.

Zanejabbers said...

Steveroni, I think you are talking about eyes, right. (BIG GRIN)

Akannie said...

But...do you get to wear a patch and pretend to be a pirate?????

'Cuz...really...THAT would be pretty cool.

J-Online said...

I'm so sorry you're having all these problems with your eyes. But like everything, it could always be worse and you have an amazing perspective! Good to finally meet you!