Tuesday, April 20, 2010

91.7 years of gratitude

You cannot lie to yourself.  Your mind knows the truth of your thoughts.  April 20  Meditations from "Conversations with God" Book 1  - page 11

Gooooooooooooooood Mooooooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnninggggggggg  ALKIES! That's the way I opened my posts back when I first started blogging.  That was 341 posts ago which covers about 3.5 years maybe 4.  But for 6,660 days I have lived the program of Alcoholics Anonymous.

You are probably wondering how in the hell does a 68.7 year old drunk get to be 91.7.  Well, I did one of those REAL AGE quizes today.  It was all based on health.  That thing was all over the place.  I'm younger because I don't drink or smoke.  I'm older because I exercise 3 days a week?  I'm older because of my BMI.  IJ'm older because of medications.  I'm older due to stress of losing a loved one within the last 6 months. I'm also older because of hair loss, not look older, just older.  So I looked in the mirror - Damned, I LOOK GOOD for 91.7 years old.   I can live with that.  Then that takes me to the above quote from CWG.  But then I'm not lieing to myself.  I got it from an internet age test.  And we all know those are indisputable.  Yeah. Right.

Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie my schnauzer
  • My Sponsor
  • The "Conversations with God" books.
  • Dealing with financial insecurity without fear.
  • Having what I need.
  • Needing what I have
  • Being an X-Shopaholic
  • Friends
  • Being in a positive state with the loss of Rosalie
  • All y'all.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Let's do South Dakota.

Syd said...

Your writing just feels joyous to me today. I'm glad Zane. It is nice to reach a point of acceptance about the loss of a loved one. And just to experience the joy of being!

Trailboss said...

You're as young as you feel Zane. Age is just a number, don't you think?

Trailboss said...

I am sooooo silly. I had already put my thingy for following you, and then I did it again w/another picture. Oh well.