Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
Oftentimes we call a man cold, when he is only sad. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
.
HOOOOOOWWWWDY ALLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIEEEES!
.
Today is a very dreary, rainy, getting cold, type of day. But in my heart is sunshine, in my vision depository are the beautiful pictures of last weekend, in my memories are all the beautiful things I have seen and experienced. To me, these are the promises that things like that will be repeated. The flowers in the beds are just as beautiful on a day like today as they are in the sunshine and warmth.
.
I just talked to my sis, Rosalie and she may be going home today. Sounds very strong on the phone. That woman just always bounces back. So did my Mother. I guess that runs in the family. Rosalie is my favorite sister and is 76. Jeanne is the next sister and she is 82, Wanda is 86. My sister from my father is Myrna and she is 70. I have a brother from my father, Patrick that died at 21 from injuries from a car accident. My sister Dorothy Evelyn died in 1984 on her 60th birthday
from a brain tumor. My Mohter died in 1986 at 81 from lung cancer. My father in 1983 at 75 from a stroke, kikney disease. The point of all of this is that longevity runs in my family. Sometimes it scares the hell out of me in that I have another 20 years of THIS to go through. Then on the other hand it is only 20 years left. I have a lot of to do's on my list. I look forward to another 20 years of sobriety. (God willing) I know it reads as if I'm projecting, but I'm not. I just know it all will unfold one day at a time, in God's time, not mine. And that is just the way it is. I may not like it, but I do have to accept it.
.
Tonite is Country Western Dance night at Lambda Center, 9:30 PM. I won't be dancing, but sure as hell will be listening, watching, tapping my toes, and enjoying a Saturday night hoedown with a bunch of sober alcoholics. What a great way to spend Saturday night. Hope to see some of your there.
.
TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
.
My Higher Power, God for blessing me each and every day with
My Sobriety, which gives me Strength.
Dolly, my Schnauzer, who was sick at the first of the week but has recovered.
My Sponsor who always makes me laugh at myself.
My sense of Humor, sometimes twisted, sometimes just the old belly laugh type.
Having everything I NEED on a daily basis.
My wonderful loving, caring, friends.
.
We absolutely insist on enjoying life. (17 lines down, 17 lines up) Alcoholics Anonymous, page 132.
.
Now y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Be careful with whom and where you tap your toes. You might have to run for the US Seante.

peanut said...

Hi Zane ! Just wanted to say "hello."

Love you. kat