Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today's a good Day, Good News.

Belief in God produces belief in God's greatest gift--unconditional love--and God' greatest promise--unlimited potential. Meditations from "Conversations with God - Book 1" page 44
.
Hi y'all. Today has been a better day than the last few days. I wonder if it had anything to do with the call I made to my Dr.s office at 4 PM. I had xrays last week for my lungs and they were supposed to let me know something by yesterday. I was aggravated that I had to make that call, but then I am also grateful that God gave me the good sense to follow up when I need to do so. We after a few minutes of wrestling with their damned phone system I finally got a live person - they do exist is some Doctor's offices - and was promptly transferred to a voice mail for the PA. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR God got me through this without me leaving a scathing memo, and she called me back after 5 PM. The news is that my lungs are CLEAR. What a picker upper. ONe more time my faith and God have taken over and gotten me through my self-imposed rough patch. One would think that by this time I would not be such a fretter, but I am, no where near as bad as I used to be, but it is still there. I'm blessed with being able to see the difference.
.'
Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God, my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie, my schnauzer
  • My Sponsor
  • My Right Eye (i always think of PG when i post this)
  • Cobwebs clearing in my Left eye.
  • Being sighted.
  • Breathing
  • That Sat nite I will get to share in the miracle of Scott W's new showing.
  • All y'all.

Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

4 comments:

Scott W said...

Zane, my show is opening Sept 12. I will let you know plenty ahead of time.

Zanejabbers said...

I just did not say which Sat nite.
Yeah that doesn't work. But I'm still looking forward to it.

One Prayer Girl said...

I just can't help it - I am so curious why you think of PG when you list your Right eye on your gratitude list. Do you mean "moi"? So curious.

All I know is that I am grateful too for your right eye, left eye, clear lungs, and being able to put up with trying to speak to a Dr. office and finally hearing back. Glad it was good news when you finally got the word.

PG

Syd said...

I'm really glad about your lungs. That was worrisome. But great news in the long run.