Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday - Good ole Hump Day

When you are in your God space, you know and understand that all you are now experiencing is temporary. I tell you that heaven and earth shall pass away, but you shall not. July 7 - (7/8/9) - Meditations from "Conversations with God - Book 1" page 116
Just a bit of humor:
7/8/9 - Conan O'Brian - Oscar Mayer died, his funeral will be "OPEN BUN"
7/8/9 Nothing else humorous, just love writing 7/8/9.
.
Hey, bada bing bada boom. How the hell are all my alkie and other friends? What a day. Nothing special, just a day with getting up at 1:57 PM, Movie at 3:25 (Ice Age - Dawn of the Dinosaurs) funny but not as good as the first two. Lambda 6:30 PM - Double Winners meeting. It's an alanon meeting with a special outreach for the alcoholic. It's in it's second week and tonight's meeting had 58 attendees. It was also my first Al-anon meeting. Yes I had read about Alanon, have friends in Al-anon, heard about how it can help you with relationships (my take was partners) but tonight in listening to the Alanon purpose and the sharing: the light came on - all relationships. DUH! Sometimes I am so dense - OK OK I will lighten up on myself. I am planning to attend more of these, at least the next 4, as this is a 6 week session at the end of which will be a group conscience as to whether or not to keep it as a regular meeting. My take after one meeting -YES!
.
Syd can you shed some light on why it is recommended that one attends 6 consecutive Alanon meetings?
.
Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God
  • Sobriety
  • Mamie
  • Sponsor
  • being Sighted
  • Support
  • Friends
  • New Horizons
  • All Y'all

Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

6 comments:

steveroni said...

Zane it is great to read of your life's activities. And thanks for the extra stuff during the day.

dAAve said...

I saw you there.

Tall Kay said...

I find it amusing to suddenly realize who knows who, and who goes to the same meetings, and how 2 of you walked away from that meeting with the same question for Syd :}

I go to a womens 'double winner' meeting...lots of sobriety in that room, and very honest deep sharing. I think I grow spiritually with the women, more so than in a mixed meeting. Maybe if it stays that big, you'll break into 2 meetings..men and womens!

Syd said...

Zane, I answered over at Dave's blog. The WSO has a six meeting format that is suggested to see if Al-Anon is the program that is needed. It's sort of an introduction to Al-Anon. And, yes, it is a great help with all relationships. I highly recommend the program!

Scott W said...

The six meeting requirement you hear about around Lambda is the requirement to join Lambda Center as a member. 30 days of sobriety or 6 consecutive Al-Anon meetings.

lushgurl said...

zany baby I have missed you and your humour thanks for bein