Monday, November 10, 2008

Sobriety Cocktail

November 10 - The original wisdom surrounding suffering in silence has become so perverted that now many believe (and several religions actually teach) that suffering is good, and joy is bad. Meditations from Conversations with God, Book 1, Page 108.

.

Today I informed of a new blogger, Dave, and I dropped by to visit. I liked what he had to say and the responses to this new blogger from several other bloggers. Wow, what support. Some talk was about cocktails etc. but mostly program. When I left my remarks, I did a Sobriety Cocktail. It just came to me. I like it so, I decided to make it my post for tonight.

.

SOBRIETY COCKTAIL.

.

12 parts Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
12 parts Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous
12 parts Principles of Alcoholics Anonymous
12 parts Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous
one dash of experience
one dash of strength
one dash of hope
Voila! Sobriety.
.
Tonight I am grateful for:
.
God, my Higher Power
My Sobriety
Mamie, my schnauzer
My Sponsor
New bloggers
My other fellow bloggers (females included)
A fantastic weekend
6,108 days of sobriety.
Lambda
Serenity when the devil from down under leaves me notes.
Growth that affords me the above.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah

4 comments:

big Jenn said...

Howdy, when I figure out how to block my overzealous friend I will.I'm technically challanged and not real patient with it...
It's only words anyway.
By the way "Conversations With God" was one of those things that I so identified with that I wept when I read it. I see you feel the same way. Jen

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Have a great Veteran's day, Zane!

Scott W said...

Hi, Zane!

dAAve said...

May I stir that for you, sir?