Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm just the pink flamingo on the Great Lawn of Life!

November 25 - When body, mind and soul create together, in harmony and in unity, God is made flesh. Then does the soul know itself in its own experience. Then do the heavens rejoice. Meditations from Conversations with God, Book 1, page 175
.
Hi-ho y'all. Today was a great day. I was sober all day. Plus I did get up at 10:30 as planned. I did get to the 12:15 meeting. I don't know why I thought I could have lunch with the guys. The meeting is over at 1:15 and my dr. appointment was at 2 PM. I went straight to the DR. and had a grilled cheese at the shop in her building. Only $2.50, not great but it filled the bill at the moment.
.
Surgery went well and I was home by 4:15. It is now 11::39 PM and my eye is much better. I can see with a lot of blur, but no spots. This will improve in the next couple of days. I go back on Dec 22 for more pictures to see how the "eyes have it".
Just could not resist that pun, it is so Daave.
.
So, I've had a wonderful day, I think my eye is going to be much better, (think positive), I'm sober, I'm going to Rosalie's tomorrow to gobble some Fried Turkey with them, and Mamie and Bessie can run and play in the house, and in the field. I am blessed.
.
Happy Thanksgiving to Y'all.
.
Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God, My Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie, my schnauzer
  • My Sponsor
  • Your Sobriety
  • God's in my corner, and all is right in the world.
  • All y'all

Now y'all be pretty now, ya heah.(scroll down)

PS. Rosalie does not have a working computer so I won't post again till I get back home Sunday. Buh-bye.

9 comments:

steveroni said...

Ya know, Zane...maybe the eyes DO "have it". When I look into another's eyes, I can pretty well know at once, how they are doing, if they're hurting, happy, hiding something, etc.

I truly am SO happy your surgery was a success. You'll know better as time moves, how much a success, and you are and will be so happy also.

God IS good. Thanks for the update. I was waiting--well, while SLEEPING, I was waiting-grin-

J-Online said...

Thanks for the update and I'm so grateful it appears all went well. Happy thanksgiving. Stay safe and have a great time. Don't forget about us while you're away. Jen

Scott W said...

Be safe! Gobble, gobble!

Findon said...

Zane, I really , really will pray for you. I do so hope the eyes have it as they say. I'm back February for my eyes and whether they can do anything at all. Its great that it looks like it will work for you.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hey Happy Turkey day, Zane!!

dAAve said...

Visible changes.

Bill said...

I'm thinking of you today, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with fun & good food!

One Prayer Girl said...

I too will be praying for your continuing vision improvement. I'm grateful the initial results are promising.

Hope your Thanksgiving was a blessing.

I've never had Fried Turkey, but I hear it is WAY GOOD!

Unknown said...

Y'all be pretty now...I love that line...thank you for this great blog and smile!!!

G~*