Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The world is in the condition it's in because the world is full of sleepwalkers. Meditations from Conversations with God, Book 1, Page 191
.
I can't ever remember having sleepwalked, but then that is probably not what the quote is talking about. I think it is referring to those that go through life in a daze, not contributing, but taking. I know some people that I think go through the program of Alcoholics Anonymous like that and they are usually the ones that just walk in the front door, walk round and round and round, never picking up a thing and then heading for the back door and out, never to be heard from again. Luckily, I have not followed that path. I was told to hang with the winners and learn and do the next right thing. That is the path I chose to take. And I am blessed each and every day with that choice. It just don't get much better than that!
.
Today I am grateful for:
.
God, my Higher Power.
My Sobriety.
Mamie, my schnauzer.
My sponsor.
Nature's beauty that I get to see every day.
The gift of life, even though it is on life's terms.
Music
That tonight I will have dinner with friends and go to the Lambda speaker meeting.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

6 comments:

dAAve said...

"It just don't get much better than that!"

doesn't.

Zanejabbers said...

I know it is grammatically correct to use doesn't, but I intended to say don't. Sometimes it's just good to be incorrect.

dAAve said...

Yes, ain't it?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

If I were sleepwalking I'm sure I'd wake up to get up and go to the bathroom...

Scott W said...

Politically incorrect can be fun!

Bill said...

I'm new enough to sobriety that I sometimes get frustrated with the folks you describe. I have to give myself a shake now & then to remind myself that I have no control over how someone else handles their program of recovery.