Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Evening, June 18, 2008

SOBRIETY ROCKS!
.
Hey y'all, how the hell are you. I've been out of touch for two whole very long and HOT days. I've been having electrical probs for a few weeks and Centerpoint came out Monday (I was expecting them Tuesday) and found that the meter Jaws and the Meter wiring was shorting out. I was at a movie and when I got home at 7 PM my garage door would not open So I thought, shit, another outage. Got out of the car, got to the front door and I had a Centerpoint Hanger on my door knob. They had removed my meter and cut off my electricity due to unsafe conditions. I needed to get an electrician. So, I called Leonard the electrician. He could not make it that night, but could swing by about 9AM Tuesday and fix it. Sounded like music to my ears.
.
So I called my friend Joe, and he said to come over and share his a/c and dinner. The air felt so good after being in the heater I call home. It was 99 out here on Monday. Joe and I sat up and talked until midnight and then turned in for the night. I did not sleep well at all even with the cool air. I had forgotten my Sleep Apnea machine, So I kept waking up. While having coffee with Joe the next morning, my cell rang and it was Leonard. My meter jaw and wiring was complete (cost - $145.00 thank you GOD) and I needed to call TXU and have them call Centerpoint and request a reconnect. I did and they gave me a 4 hour window at 10 AM. I was home at 10:30 and no sign of them. I did not need to be home for that, but I wanted to be. Well I am down to shorts, drinking 52 ounces jugs of water, and then a 52 ounce diet caffeine free coke. I alternated Throughout the day. I also used a pan of water with ice in it to keep a small towel wet with COLD water. That helped. At 7:30 PM mr Centerpoint rolled up and did the deed with the meeter and voila, like magic, the lights came on, the A/C started and the 36 hours of accumulated heat was starting to dissipate.
.
So, shopping I went to cool off, had a burger for dinner at an air conditioned spot, and back home by 9:30 PM. It had cooled down to 82 and I was absolutely pooped. I took a hot shower and then kept the water temp declining until I was just rinsing in total cold water. WONDERFUL. I then took my evening meds and put my big ass to bed with lights out at 11:30 and slept nonstop until 12:30 this afternoon. I have recovered. And all of this was just another 48 hours living life on life's fucking terms. And it was completely sober. It don't get much better than that.
.
TONIGHT I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
.
God, My Higher Power who never puts me through anything that I don't come out of.
My sobriety, that gives me the strength to get through rough times.
Mamie, my miniature schnauzer, that was a little lady at Joe's house Monday Night.
My Sponsor.
Seeing JFK, Gary, and JFK's Mom at K-Bob's steakhouse in Brenham on Sunday after the awful antique show in Brenham. It was a mini-meeting.
God Shots.
Life being good.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

5 comments:

Pammie said...

Oh I can not live without AC darlin'. The first sign of trouble, and I pack up and go to a hotel....cuz I'm that kinda girl.

dAAve said...

kewl.

Scott W said...

It's too hot for stuff like that. Glad you had Joe's to escape to, even if you didn't sleep well.

I miss JFK.

Zanejabbers said...

Me too.

Trailboss said...

I came home from work yesterday and Joe had the windows open and a/c off......that quickly changed and the a/c popped right back on. We don't want me to get hot. I turn into a bitch immediately.