Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Night, June 12, 2008

For thousands of years people have disbelieved the promises of God for the most extraordinary reasons: they were to good to be true. Meditations from Conversations with God, Book 1, page 41
.
I think some people believe the promises of AA in the same way as above. I can truthfully say that all of the promises have come true for me. They just all aren't always happening at the same time. But they come true when I need them most. And it don't get much better than that.
.
My left eye is almost back to normal as far as the dilation goes. It will take about 6 - 10 weeks for the sight to get back to normal and she says it should. This was the longest surgery she has done and my left eye was dilated to the point that the Iris looked like a sliver around the the pupil. Sunlight and lights do make it uncomfortable, but that will soon pass. I will be so glad when this is all over and I can get new glasses. I tell you one thing, if you have diabetes, do not skip having your eyes checked on an annual basis. I skipped for two years and if I had not, this could have been avoided. But God, my HP, has smiled on me and the prognosis is that I should have a full recovery.
.
I saw Kung Fu Panda today. What a delightful movie. I could not help but see a resemblance between the Master and Sonny at Lambda. This is a compliment, as those of you that see the movie and know Sonny will agree. I identified with the Panda. Now I am not in any stretch a hero, but our waste lines match. HE HE.
.
Tonight I am grateful for:
.
God, my higher power.
My Sobriety.
Mamie, my schnauzer. (still OCD with the window)
My Sponsor.
They steady hand of the retinologist.
Getting home safely after the procedure. (Daave said he would have driven me if I had asked, but I've never needed a driver for just one eye. But he's a jewel)
My friends.
Gratitude lists from two Lambda people.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ha heah.

4 comments:

Trailboss said...

Glad to hear you are better now. Time heals all wounds huh? Not always, but it does help.

BTW the shots are given in the neck area. The strangles goes straight up their nose so it is always a challenge. Thank goodness I don't have to stick anything in the backside. It's bad enuff what comes out of that same backside!

Trailboss said...

I could have sworn that I left a comment this morning early. I was not able to get back to sleep. Anyway, guess I didn't so I am now! I hope you heal soon. And the roast will probably be Monday night about 5:30pm your time, same as mine! Come on up to the Bluegrass state. You might never go back to the city!

dAAve said...

just dropped by

Scott W said...

That's the trouble with having to have comment moderation turned on.

Have a happy weekend.