Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Night, September 9, 2008

If you knew Who You Are-that you are the most magnificent, the most remarkable, the most splendid being God has ever created-You would never fear. For who could reject such wondrous magnificent. Meditations from Conversations With God, Book 1, page 16
.
Hi, y'all. What a change overnight. Evacuate, evacuate, listen to the TV, evacuate, evacuate, listen to the weather, evacuate, evacuate - BULLSHIT! Well, Yesterday I spent about three hours on line chasing down a good deal on a hotel in San Antonio. I called Rosalie and Sam last evening and Sam called and confirmed the reservations. While talking to Rosalie, I told her it would be our luck to evacuate to San Antonio and then the storm come in around Matagorda to Corpus Christi and wind up on top of us in San Antonio. This morning she called, laughing and said you really predicted this one right on, as that was the probability at 11:30 AM. She said they were just going to stay put until something definite was in. This thing is just to wobbly. No Shit Shurlock. That was music to my ears, I just really was not into this trip. Physically it would be too hard on me, and secondly - I did not want to be cooped up in a hotel with their politics for the next few days. Politically - we are total opposites. I respect their views, and try my best not to step on them. But I am not afforded the same in return. However, I love them dearly, and just have to put my foot down and say we cannot talk about this because it always end up with Rosalie mad as hell at me and then there is a confrontation. I cannot deal well with conflict. To me conflict = I don't like you. And it hurts like hell. I know this is not always the case but that is how I was raised. So I do my best not to be put in that kind of an environment. This is one of my character defects that I do not seem to be able to dump. The poor thing is scarred, bruised and bloody. I turn it over, take it back, turn it over, take it back, put it in God Box (A Silver Tea Box, I bought at Fedco in 1992), repeat, go back to turn it over, etc. Of course I know that none of you can understand this type of thing, I'm sure you ALL have mastered ALL of your character defects. Oh, let me tell you about this bridge I have for sale. ROFLAMAO.
.
This past Sunday there was a piece in Zest that was about a chocolate malt. Now anything CHOCOLATE gets my full attention. This malt should only be purchased at a real ice cream store like The Marble Slab or Stone Cold Ice Cream. Ask them to use the Chocolate Fudge Ice cream instead of vanilla and to replace the chocolate syrup with the Chocolate Fudge they put on a Sundae. OMG. Total decadence. I want to fill up the bathtub with this concoction and just lay there with a very sturdy straw and sip my way into a diabetic coma. Such a heavenly way to go. YUM. (While I am drooling about this, I can just hear my arteries clogging.)
.
While I was on my fourth line of my gratuity list, Mamie came over to me and nudged my arm and growled. I looked at her and she had her Purple Rabbit in her mouth and looked like she was daring me to take it from her. I did and we tussled with it for a bit. Then I got it from her and threw it over by the fireplace, and there went the silver streak to retrieve and start it over. She is just so precious, I love her more and more every day. I'll do a post on her one of these days soon. She is another God Shot.
.
Tonight I am grateful:
.
God, my Higher Power
My Sobriety.
Mamie, my schnauzer.
My sponsor.
God Shots.
Rosalie and Sam.
My friends - in and out of the blogdom.
The Purple Rabbit.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to stay home and avoid Ike. Seems like they should skip ahead and name the next one Tina. What would we do without our critters?

dAAve said...

gratuity list?

I like the new look.

Scott W said...

Be careful rolling around on the floor!

The new layout looks good and so much easier to read.

Pammie said...

I'm with you on confrontation darlin'. We did not do that in my family. To disagree with someone and actually "show it" was considered rude and un-lady like.
Hence-I shut down a lot in verbal exchanges or end up crying.

J-Online said...

well I guess I'm following the wrong zanjabbers account! How many do you have dear? I kept looking for an update and hadn't seen anything since Thursday. Guess I better add this one! Can't wait to catch up!

One Prayer Girl said...

I laughed and laughed and laughed some more. I could so completely relate. I kept thinking and feeling - That's me! That's me! (Turn it over, take it back, turn it over, stick it in a God box, grab it back, put it back in,etc. etc.)(storms coming, storms moving, headed our way, no the other way, no this way - yikes!)
I love being human. I've come to accept myself just the way I am most days - the good, the bad, the pretty, the not so pretty. And I keep working like H--- to continue to change.

steveroni said...

I think "Gratuity List" describes it better than "Gratitude List"..

Gratuity is a favor, or a gift also. OK, from now on, for me it's GRATUITY LIST. Done! VBG

Zanejabbers said...

Alky S - gratuity list was an error on my part, but you are right. Hmmmmm.