Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Night, April 18, 2008

I will not leave you, I cannot leave you, for you are My creation and My product. My daughter and son, My purpose and My...Self. Call on me, therefore, wherever and whenever you are separate from the peace that I am. April 18, Meditations from Conversations with God Book 1 pg 211
.
Hey y'all. Had a great day today. I did my two Friday meetings, 10 AM and the 12:15. Then went to lunch with the guys at LUBY's. Mostly uneventful, did not spill anything on myself, which is highly unusual. Usual chit chat and I mentioned that tonight three of my favorite programs were on: Countdown with Keith Olberman, Real Time with Bill Maher, and the McLaughlin Report. Now I pride myself in pretty well knowing what is going on and who the news people and commentators are. Today a few names flew across the table and I did not recognize most of them. Now I also realize that I am forgetful about names if I do not see those programs. But I felt so out of touch and was really quite hard on myself. So I came home and channel surfed and did not find one of the news programs that had been referenced at lunch. And to compound that, I have forgotten the names that were mentioned so I do not know what to look for. I will just have to roll with it and be more attentive. I like to be in the know.
.
TODAY I AM GRATEFUL:
,
God, my higher power.
My sobriety.
Dolly, my schnauzer.
My sponsor.
My two meetings.
I will have dinner with Rick tomorrow nite and then the 8 PM speaker meeting at Lambda.
Karl had a good day today.
.
Now y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

3 comments:

Scott W said...

Be kind to Zane, ok?

Bill said...

The boys at lunch were just making up names.

How's your toe-bone?

Zanejabbers said...

It huuuuuurrrrrt.