Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday, January 25, 2008

Every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not,
And oftentimes we call a man cold, when he is only sad. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
.
EEEEEEvening ALKIES,
.
I am just heartsick. I am watching Garth Brooks Live from LA. What the hell has happened to his voice. Man, it is cracking all over the place and the tune done fell out of the paper bag. (Not a judgement, just observation) I have always loved his singing, still do, but it sure is not the quality it was just five years ago. However, it does come through on a couple of songs. I hope it is only a one time thing, a fluke maybe. But then voices change. I would sure hate for that to happen to my sobriety. So far, it has only become stronger as it and I age together, one day at a time. Mellow at times, fierce at times, but always strengthening. That is a blessing and I would not do a thing to jeopardise that. Or change, for that matter. I know that if I am diligent in working my program, doing the steps, etc, etc, etc., I will only strengthen it for that day. And that is how it is to be done, one day at a time.
.
Today I am grateful for:
.
My Higher Power, God
My sobriety,
Dolly, my Schnauzer
My sponsor
A great topic at the 10 AM meeting
A strong topic at the 12:15 meeting - Sex and Sobriety.
That my acceptance of others is strong most of the time.
That through God's grace and the program of Alcoholics Anonymous I no longer make it a habit of lashing back at those that piss me off.
That I may not have to LIKE everyone, but I do have to LOVE everyone.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

It was good to see you today.
I think that was you, wasn't it?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Does Dolly have a page on Dogster.com yet??