Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You cannot experience yourself as what you are until you've encountered what you are not. This is the purpose of the theory of relativity, and all physical life. It is by that which you are not that you yourself are defined. Meditation from "Conversations with God." P27
.
I'm pooped. Three days of doctors. Diagnosis:Diabetic Retinopathy. Luckily, God prodded me with the Sunday night episode to get me going. It is in its early stage and I will have three laser surgeries starting on Jan 31, Feb 7, And Feb 12. Last night I was asked by the eye DR to sleep on my right side. So I followed instructions altho it hurt my hip like hell, and this morning the blood was diespersed like she had hoped. So I am going to be fine. Now to take care of the rest. Urologist. Diabetic education which I have not done. Not being on insulin I decided it was not a big deal. You know with my rather large medical knowledge. NOT. So I will be busy for the next couple of months. I am so embarassed to have done this to myself. But at least God, did let me go to far. I am here to tell you that DIABETES is not to be fucked with. You know we have a saying in AA that if you have diabetes you get it treated and not one thinks anything of it. You get alcoholism treated and you must be weak willed. HMMM.
This is short. More tomorrow. Love to all of you.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Solutions.
It's all about solutions.

Pammie said...

Zane, I never take action on a medical problem until I'm on the ground gasping for air. I admire your willingness to take these big steps to care for yourself. Shit man, I'm the one with chronic asthma who smokes like a burning house.

Scott W said...

I think you meant that God did NOT let it go too far. Good for you taking all that action. There used to be an afternoon music show I loved growing up: Where The Action Is.

Zanejabbers said...

Scott, oops, you are so right.