Oftentimes we call a man cold, when he is only sad. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Goooooooooooood Weekend ALKIES,
Yep, the old weekend is here again. 16 Years ago I was very much into my cups by this time, sloshed in some forgotten bar on some forgotten street. Not really the bar was Griff's in Los Angeles on Melrose Avenue. Little did I know that I only had one week left in my drinking career. The way I drank the next week must have been like I had received a secret memo that this was my last week of drinking. And man did I pour it down. I will talk about that as the week rolls along.
Tonight at Lambda we had a terrific speaker. Lynette R. It was a quick hour and then it was over. Why is it the good speakers time whizzes by and when you get someone that is less than stellar, the time creeps by in snail increments? Anyway, this makes two weeks in a row that we have had very good speakers. Last week it was Steve and then Lynette tonite. Joe D. is doing a bangup job with his Sat nite speakers. I need to thank him for that.
Following is a funny list I received from an old friend in Los Angeles
The Top Ten Country Western Songs.
10. I Hate Every Bone In Her Body But Mine
9. I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With an Ugly Woman, But I Woke Up With A Few
8. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
7. I've Missed You, But My Aim's Improving'
6. Wouldn"t Taker Her To A Dogfight 'Cause I'm Scared She'd Win
5. I'm So Miserable Without You It's Like You're Still Here
4. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Miss Him
3. She Took My Ring and Gave Me the Finger
2. She's Looking Better With Every Beer
and the number one Country & Western Song is...
1. It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass Out All Day Long
And I could tell a story with each and every one of those songs. Just switch out him for her. That will have to go in my list of blog stories.
Today I am Grateful for:
My Higher Power
Dolly, My Dog
To have heard experience strength and hope at tonites speaker meeting
To realize the blessing of sobriety
To hear from my fellow bloggers
For a wonderful rain at sundown
That I am one week from 16 yrs of sobriety
That Jan 20, 1992 is my one and only sobriety date (borrowed from daave)
That I'm trudging with more than another Million other ALKIES.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.