Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wednesday Night, March 5, 2008

It is when the going gets tough that you so often forget Who You Are, and the tools I have given you for creating the life that you would choose. Mar 5 Meditations from Conversation With God.
pg 116.
.
This meditation just really hits home for me at this time in my life. Financially, I am at my lowest since my early 20's. Health wise, I am experiencing a major event with my eyes, especially the left one, that seems to be working out very satisfactorily for me. Ageing is no longer the albatross that it was; I have come to accept the fact that this is also happening to my body, but in my mind, I still feel young.
However, even with the financial problems, I do not feel as if there is no way to resolve the issues. With patience (which I have little of) and perserverance I can overcome this. This meditation, as with the program of AA, reminds me that I have the tools to use to overcome this. Now, it may not be the way I really want it to work out, but I do have to do the footwork. I have to turn it over to my Higher Power - GOD, and pray for guidance to step me through this difficult time. It reminds me of three of Scott W. recent writings. Hope, Faith, and Integrity. And I truly believe that I have a very good understanding of these three things and do experience them in my daily life.
.
Healthwise - I got an excellent report from the retinologist today. My right eye has completely healed. The left eye is on its way. I have had a markedly increase in vision in the left eye. (God does answer prayers) Also, she reduced the medication for my left eye and I do not go back for two months. So, one more time God has shown me that my hope and faith have brought me through a hard time. I am so blessed.
.
Today I am so grateful for:
.
My Higher Power - God.
My Sobriety.
Dolly, my Schnauzer.
My sponsor.
That I am blessed to live a sober, spiritual life on a daily basis.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

2 comments:

Pammie said...

that is wonderful news about your eyes. I don't like this aging thing Zane...it's such a nuscese.
Enjoy your day

Scott W said...

YEA!!!