Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Eye News and Off to Rosalie's

February 11 - This is the second illusion of man: that the outcome of life is in doubt. It is this doubt about ultimate outcome that has created your greatest enemy, which is fear. For if you doubt outcome, then you must doubt the creator--you must doubt God. Meditations from "Conversations with God - Book 1" page 14
A big ole "thanks" to Steveroni, my friend Joe, and all of the rest of you that have given me some feedback about the needle in the eye. Steveroni has had the procedure and has assured me that he has never felt anything. Joe told me the same on his attorney. So, all of the fear yesterday, well 99% of it has been put to rest. And as Pam would say, just trying to stay in the day and think about now. Or some facsimile of that.
.
This morning the memory of an old childhood promise about keeping a secret. You know the one where your friend tells you that you must promise to keep the secret - "Cross my heart and hope to die; Stick a needle in my eye." Funny how old sayings like that come to mind.
.
Well, this is my last post until Monday, February 16. I will be going to Rosalie's for a few days as of tomorrow morning. I will be back either Sunday night or Monday Morning. She does not have a computer so I won't be posting. I'm looking forward to this time with her. I have a very positive outlook on the visit. It will be what it will be and I have to accept that. I will do my part. That is all I have the power over. It will be fun.
.
Tonight I am Grateful for:
  • God, my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie, my schnauzer
  • My Sponsor
  • My Right Eye
  • Positive response from my friends
  • Nipping fear in the bud.
  • Good movies
  • All y'all.

Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

6 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

And we look forward to your return and hearing from you - all about it.

Prayers your way,
PG

dAAve said...

Bye.
Howdy.

Scott W said...

Have a safe trip in a Red Honda truck.

steveroni said...

Enjoy visit with your Sis. I get thinking sometimes, "Steve, ya never know when is the last time you'll see her/him again."

Age does that to me...but I ain't that old. Hmmmmm?

See you Monday or Tuesday. "Traditions begin again Tuesday, BTW--I'm sure, Zane, that you just can't wait -grin!

big Jenn said...

Thinking of you. jeNN

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hope you're enjoying a terrific weekend!