Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not Much Today

February 5 - Bless every person and condition, and give thanks. Thus you affirm the perfection of God's creation--and show your faith in it. For nothing happens by accident in God's world, and there is no such thing as coincidence. Nor is the world buffeted by random choice, or something you call fate Meditations from "Conversations with God - Book 1, pg 114.
.
Not much of a post today and I did not read any of your blogs. I saw my retinologist today and am waiting for a report on some tests. However, she was quite pleased with the progress from two weeks ago. I love when my faith keeps me going. When it becomes my truth. My eyes were dilated as usual but some other drops were also used. So I'm not seeing too well tonight, but that will pass. Tomorrow is another day and my sight should be back to as normal as it is. Right now its all just blurry and the light hurts. But I'm sober and that's the ticket.
.
Tonight I am grateful for:
  • God, my Higher Power
  • My Sobriety
  • Mamie, my OCD schnauzer
  • My Sponsor
  • My Right Eye
  • My Retinologist
  • BaTTling a HUGE resentment, so far successfully.
  • Restraint of keyboard.
  • All y'all

Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

4 comments:

Syd said...

I hope that you get a favorable report. And I understand how battling those resentments go. I have had one brewing too. Letting go of it though.

Scott W said...

It was good to see you yesterday and good to read you today.

steveroni said...

Zane, since you probably cannot see this to read it, I can say what I think, right?

"I'll be pretty now". HA! I SAID it!
-grin!

Steve E.

Zanejabbers said...

Steveroni I so "SEE" the humor in the pretty comment. I remember your first stop at my blog - funny then and funny now. Page 132, 16 lines down, 16 lines up...........
We absolutely insist on enjoying life.