Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday Night, May 9, 2008

Do not condemn, therefore, all that you would call bad in the world. Rather, ask yourself, what about this have you judged bad, and what, if anything, you wish to do to change it. May 9
Meditations from Conversation with God Book 1 page 32
.
Hi y'all. I just love it when Scott W. and I use the same quotes in our blog. We are so different, but evidently our minds do hit the same track once in a while. I'm glad we're friends and trudge the path to happy destiny on the same road.
.
Today was double dip day. I did my 10 AM meeting followed by th 12:15 meeting at Lambda. Both were very good meetings. A lot of positive sharing as people shared their experience, strength, and hope. Then off to Luby's for lunch and the meeting after the meeting.
.
There is a man that has been attending meetings at Lambda for the past few months. On birthday night, he took a chip for 90 days. Then the following Thursday he raised his hand as a first time ever at any AA meeting. So the meeting was on step one. Then today he took a chip for 8 years. Last week I was on the verge of exposing him but thought better of it. But I have taken notice of him at meetings last Friday and Saturday. Then today I also noticed he talks to himself. I might have mentioned last week that I thought he was not quite right. It is apparent he has mental problems. God Bless him. But today I saw pure joy in this man's face as he took the chip and I thought he is doing the best he can and if that is how he finds joy, more power to him. He probably has noticed that chip = hugs and loving attention. Remember love and tolerance is our code.
.
Today I am grateful for:
.
God, My Higher Power
My Sobriety
Mamie, my Schnauzer
Memories of Dolly
My sponsor
Compassion for those less fortunate than I
A good visit today with Karl
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

And yet, the day passed without incident.
You can thank Oprah for that!!

Scott W said...

I have noticed that man, and have to say a little prayer each time. There but by the grace...

BTW today I am stealing your quote. Or rather, God's quote.

Bill said...

What a nice post & complementary quotation. I've seen folks like this in meetings, too. It's a good reminder that there are people who are mentally incapable of honesty. I'm glad I'm not one of them. When I am dishonest, I now know that it's likely because of willfulness, ego, or fear.
I hope I can visit Lambda one day, but even if I can't I can learn from the meetings through your stories and the stories from others.

Pammie said...

There is an old guy in one of my regular meetings who smokes invisable cigarettes during the meeting. Sometimes he inhales real deep and has a coughing fit. I like to sit next to him and pretend to fan the smoke out of my face...cuz I'm just weird like that.

Mary Christine said...

It takes all kinds to fill up the freeway - and the AA meeting. There but for the Grace of God.... but someone already said that, didn't he?