Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday Night, May 14

Do you want your life to truly take off? Then change your idea about it. About you. Think, speak and act as the God you are. May 14 Meditations from Conversations with God Book 1, page 76
Hey Aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllkiesssss,
.
How the hell are ya. Great day today. I saw evidence of rain when I got up at my usual time, but did not actually see any. My electrical problem is still with me. I was hoping that during the night that the electrical elves would kidnap the problem and it would be over with. Well, maybe tonight the lucid leprechauns will................. Hey it could happen. I went to see "What Happens in Las Vegas." So so. I got some good laughs out of it even if the story was totally predictable even down to the dialogue. I took yesterday's mailbox purchase back to home depot and got one that will fit on, not over a 4 x 6 post. The new box is RED, my fave. It required some minor assembly. Got some of it done and wrestled with the flag assembly for an hour and lost a part. GEEEEZ. it was supposed to be so simple. I will finish it tomorrow. Or not.
.
I took Mamie for her two block walk tonight and met one of my neighbors about three houses down from me. The man is probably 55 or 60 and was teaching a high school kid how to clean the carpet in a car. We got to talking and Jewett is a contractor and does some electrical. I told him about my electrical problem and he will look at it tomorrow about 1 PM. So we shall see.
.
Tonight I am grateful for;
.
God, my Higher Power.
My sobriety.
Mamie, my schnauzer, not at all like Dolly.
Memories of Dolly. (I do miss her so much. Cried a few tears today)
My Sponsor.
The beauty of today's posts on the blogosphere.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

3 comments:

Trailboss said...

The pain of losing a long time pet will last a while, at least it did with me. But she is playing with Chester and my Jack and my 2 Muggs' so she is having fun!

I loved your comment on Pam's blog about jury duty. I LOL'd at work!

Scott W said...

I didn't know you liked red. LOL

Pammie said...

Hey...it's great to know an electrician, maybe walk the other direction today and meet a plumber! Then you're all set.
AND..Dolly was a very good dog....of course you miss her.