Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Night, May 18, 2008

We dare not solve all the problems, or there will be nothing left for us to do. May 18 Meditations from Conversations with God Book 1
I was with Joe and Karl from 3 PM today until 10:30 tonight. Karl was out the entire time I was there. That is a blessing. Joe was talking about the gift of life, things in life, and that death is a gift. I had never looked at it that way, but now that he said it, I can believe that.
.
At the 10 AM meeting on Friday, I was talking about Joe and Karl and the effect that the situation was having on me. As I was the leader of the meeting I chose the topic of the Promises and how they were in each of our lives at this time. I stated how I thought the Promises were helping me in this situation. I really liked what I heard from my true peer group. This is my favorite meeting. These guys are in my age group with Daave being the youngest and Bob S. being the oldest at 83. My sponsor stated it was good for me to be there to walk through this with Joe and Karl, but it was their problem, and I should accept it as such and be there to support them, but not to wear it as if it were my own. Now this made perfect sense to me. And that is pretty much what I heard from the rest of the group. Of course the Promises were also talked about. But I am so thankful that these guys took the time to lovingly tell me what my job was as a friend. And they were right.
.
My new air conditioner is to be installed tomorrow afternoon. I am so thankful that temperature wise, the weekend was not bad. The nights were cool so I slept well with the ceiling fans on frantic.
.
Tonight I am grateful for my sobriety and all of the gifts that have come to me as a result of living a sober life. It just does not get any better than that.
.
Y'all be pretty now, ya heah.

4 comments:

Scott W said...

zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz.

Bill said...

I believe that death is a gift, our reward for an earthly life well-lived, and that we will rejoin those loved ones that have gone before us.
I agree that your role is to support. When my partner died many years ago, there were two frends who were so involved that it became difficult for me to maintain a friendship with them after Michael died. My thoughts of them were too wrapped up in his suffering.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I don't ever seem to run out of problems to be solved...

It's been cool around here, too...

And that's been perfectly fine with me!

dAAve said...

frantic
fantic